Friday, October 14, 2011

Charity is Sharing !


A rich man complained to his friend, "People don't like me. They say I'm selfish and stingy. And yet in my last will and testament I have donated all that I own to charitable cause."

His friend said, "Well, maybe the story of the cow and the pig has a lesson for you.” The friend continued with the story, “The pig came to the cow and complained, 'People always talk about you, they respect you. I know you are quite friendly, you give them milk. But they get much, much more from me. They get ham and bacon and lard and they even cook my feet. And yet, no one likes me. To all of them I am just a pig, a hog. Why is that?'

The cow thought it over a bit, smiled and then said, 'Perhaps it's because I give them while I am still alive!'"

Moral of the Story ...

Friends, there is only one charity and that is to give yourself without any regret, with great joy and rejoicing, to the existence and thus become a part of the whole.
It is beautiful to share whatever we have. Charity simply means an unconditional sharing. One should not hold on to it, because finally this life is going to end one day and we will not be able to take anything with us. So while we are alive, why not share as much as we can?
The things which can be taken away any moment …it is better that we share them with others.
Enjoy the Day Friends !!

No comments:

Post a Comment