Thursday, January 19, 2012

Changing the Room!


Once a man visited an absentminded psychoanalyst and told him, 'I am in a great trouble. I have visited all types of doctors but nobody could help me. I snore so loudly in my sleep that I wake myself up. And this keeps happening throughout the whole night. Please help me, I am in deep trouble!'
Without even listening what the man was saying, the psychoanalyst prescribed the remedy, 'Oh ! This is nothing. A simple thing can change the whole matter. You simply sleep in another room...!'

Moral of the Story ....

Friends, this story made you laugh, isn’t it? But this is exactly what most of us are doing.
We go on changing rooms, although our sleep and snoring continues. We cannot leave them in another room. They are not separate from us, they are our mind, our whole accumulated past, our memory and our knowledge. It is all our conditioning that makes our mind, so even if we keep shifting to other ‘rooms’, it follows us.
One can change one’s name, religion, school, college, friends, jobs, etc. but nothing can help much. It is as if, one is changing only the ‘room’. The most important thing is to change oneself.
Friends, the room is not concerned with anybody’s sleeping or snoring, hence the room is not the cause. We ourselves are the cause for our suffering!

Have a Great Day Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment